Once upon a right time complex discoveries were magical points that mesmerized us. Gradually we became familiar with the technical wonders as they had been integrated into our day to day lives. 21st century has seen both unprecedented development of technology, specifically the “IT (IT)” and our reliance on the same. In the IT age group, technology is producing our lives by managing the complexities for all of us simpler, up to the degree that its unavailability or a disruption in the providers that it provides could adversely impact almost anything from the businesses to your daily lives.
It is a recognized fact that the rate of technological changes can be an accelerated movement. This article enlists a few of the important developments in the IT world that are already noticeable or are forecasted to end up being on their way.
Human (inter)encounter for the technology
Technology penetration is going on fast from the continuing business to the households to the non-public lives of the humans. This irrevocable dependency of human beings on the technology will have the most profound influence over the continuing future of the technology. Technology shall be solving the human being problems, business problems being truly a part of the dilemna just.
1. Technology will become indispensable even to carry out way of life ranging from office communication to opening a windows (of your house of course)
2. User Encounter facilitated by the merchandise, implementation of how humans see at a nagging problem and the technology as a system for solving it, will be the element deciding what offers and what not
3. People instead of the businesses would be the largest technology customers and achievement of any new business depends upon how well it taps into this customer base
4. Cost of the failing for the technology shall become unimaginable because of its direct impact over the individual lives, this will add yet another dimension to the safety and security issues for the technology designers
5. Boundary between your technical and non-technical areas of our lives will fade, everything shall have a technical underpinning, explicit or implicit
6. Innovation (so the people- the knowledge employees) will keep the center stage
7. Transition from a good to possess feature to an implicit expectation will be accelerated by many folds
Social media for the social animals
Statistics display that out from the 7 billion people on the planet earth, over 1.2 billion are SOCIAL MEDIA Users that comprises 82% of the web population. These figures are going to increase in the coming future exponentially.
8. Companies shall need to remove constraints on the interpersonal systems as the boundaries among workers, vendors, and clients will blur, all will need to communicate through the channel of the social networking
9. SOCIAL NETWORKING Analysis (SNA) is a prominent tool for the businesses and can provide valuable input with their strategy, marketing, client segmentation, advertising etc.
10. Social Networking provides a system for a never noticed before collaboration among the specialists for solving the issues over the boundaries of their organization
11. Taken the advantages of the Social Systems it’ll be a challenge to control the danger it poses for the security and privacy, and technology shall have to handle this challenge
Big data growing bigger
Relating to an estimate the Big Data will probably be worth $100 billion business and keeps growing doubly fast as the program business all together.
12. A growing number of new equipment that support Big Data shall come
13. Most of the businesses in the necessity of amassing and examining increasingly more of the data will have to rethink their data management strategy and approaches
14. Existing database administration systems shall either evolve to take care of the big data or ultimately fade away
Mobility on the move
According to an estimate a lot more than 75% populace in the world carry out get access to a mobile phone. Increasing computing power and reducing hardware cost will make sure that soon everyone on the world have access to a cellular phone and the majority of them migrate to wise phones and are connected.
15. Smart devices can be type of magic wand that won’t only keep us linked and invite capturing and playing sound video contents but may also serve as an instrument for conversation, handling professional work when on the road, executing business applications, navigation, payment choice, sensors, risk alert program, aid devices, training device… the list is endless virtually
16. You will have a boom of the applications customized to handheld devices
17. Enterprises will need to make their applications support handheld devices or fully partly
18. There will a never seen before chance for the average person developers for trying their customers with their personal applications (Google – Google android App Store already running a business and Microsoft launching Home windows Store)
19. Different mobile advancement platform might have to consider standardization
Clouds and clouds everywhere
By 2012, 20% of the firms will not bought it assets. – Gartner Report, 2010.
As this prediction is coming to fulfilled and exceed that, cloud sometimes appears as among the topmost things that may change the real face of processing and IT industry.
20. Online assistance offerings shall become lucrative and competitive
21. As the self-confidence shall built-in favor of the cloud, decreasing price of cloud structured implementations (infrastructure or application platform or both) business shunning it (because of security and other factors) will finally adjust to it
22. Cloud adaptation will force the providers to discover solutions for the difficulties that cloud poses:
a. Concerns regarding protection for the monetary data and private information
b. Locking their clients to a proprietary technology platform
c. Hard coexistence with the legacy and proprietary systems
Business models for future years to take shape
As the acceleration of change in the technology is turning the globe topsy-turvy businesses will have to rethink their procedures to enter alignment with those changes and harness the opportunities it offers. Business models that derive from the philosophy of “Win-Win” and so are agile plenty of will survive.
23. There will be demand for innovative business versions where the customers and the service providers have emerged as partners and also have mixed stakes in the task success, new and innovative business models shall be changing the legacy versions fast
24. Legal aspects will get ever challenging and governments shall need to formulate laws and regulations for handling the brand new legal challenges
25. IT Budgets shall get trimmed, especially in turbulent occasions without trimming on the SLAs (therefore the clients will demand more services at a lower life expectancy cost)
26. Licensing models predicated on pay for use shall get prominence
27. Multisided business models (where a support is offered to A free of charge but B is billed for the marketing or tendencies data etc.) will pick and choose momentum
28. Service companies will offer you “Freemium model” in which a service is free of charge for several limit, an usages beyond that’s charged
29. Businesses will spread their foothold in nontraditional markets, multinationals achieving to rural areas and smalltime businesses obtaining global
30. Government shall boost usages of the IT because of its public program delivery – education, law, transportation, healthcare etc., after the public provider systems are technology allowed applications that integrate with them shall have an impact
New SDLC Versions to displace existing ones
As an article place it aptly “Agile may be the new waterfall”, tasks will never be able to await long delivering an operating features or implementing a noticeable change.
31. Reduced time to market and extreme competition will force the continuing businesses to change their strategy more often than imagined. This will demand SDLC versions that deliver the operating products fast. Therefore the iterative project development models shall replace the typical waterfall models and its own variations. Development and architecture models supporting little chunk deliveries are certain to get prominence
32. Lesser time to advertise and faster releases shall give a competitive advantage
Architecture without architecture shall get prominence
Factors want Internet, Cloud Computing, Support Flexibility and Integration Support etc. will make the application architecture complicated. The architecture into the future will be architecture which has no architecture- it could survive as its blocks keep on changing.
33. Obsession with technology shall be diluted and business needs etc. will take the guts stage in the Business Architecture
34. Architecture shall get only ever complex and distributed… no turning back
35. Changes will be ever quicker in the continuing business requirements, technology, interfaces, non practical requirements etc.
36. Ideas like inter-operatibiliy, system independence etc. will become implicit therefore NFR (Non Functional Requirements) will more crucial than ever
37. Architecture would have to keep on going as all the elements of architecture – gadget to network, application UI to data store shall change and continue changing
38. Applications will absence a primary control with the entire architecture elements but nonetheless have to be in charge of their piece
39. Context sensitivity on the pieces (could it be a notepad or smartphone?) will make a difference
40. With diminishing maintenance time windows and increasing quantity of dependencies and interfaces, long term batch process shall need to be cave in to asynchronous processes
41. Various business departments will need to talk about their technology and business versions to produce the consolidated picture
42. Trend will be a motion towards using products (that are tested, could be scaled, manage the quantity, serve the SLAs and so forth) instead of developing custom built solutions
43. Senior specialized representation will be prevalent in the bigger management
Geography shall become irrelevant
According to a 2011 survey more than 6 billion people perform get access to the computer systems and roughly half of these have gain access to the Internet. Raising power of the handheld devices and the introduction of the mobile computing will increase these numbers exponentially.
44. Enterprises will bid a farewell to most of the applications that usually do not support Internet or can not be designed to interface with the net and the majority of them will be required to support handheld products (Mainframe based applications could possibly be an exception, however they too are receiving integrated using Web-services)
45. Global existence of the technology businesses and pass on of virtualization will allow businesses to create global groups that will function in shifts having a direct effect over the way the teams are set up and tasks are managed
46. The majority of the applications have to have inbuilt globalization and localization features as essential
47. More and more applications could have “Geolocation” ability inbuilt (imagine browsing to the map which allows looking and drilling right down to an address and submitting up the address rather than typing it and operating the validations)
48. Increasingly more applications shall be required to be up 24X7, having short amount of time window for the actions like batch and maintenance procedures
Network and hardware will dsicover loss of importance
As the cost of computing hardware is decreasing and their performance is certainly going up, components like hardware and network won’t be the differentiator factor as everyone will maintain a position to cover them at an acceptable price.
49. The value-add supplied by the solutions and application will need to meet all of the expectations
50. Increasing capability and popularity of virtualization will ensure a consolidation in the conditions of the hardware, software and data